Is therapy right for me?
Seeking out therapy is an individual choice. There are so many reasons that people come to therapy. Some come with anxiety or depression. Other times it may be in response to unexpected changes in life, as a work transition, divorce, crisis, death or loss, and many other situations. Working with a therapist can help provide insight, support, and new ways to cope or manage issues for all types of life changes. Therapy is right for anyone who is interested in growing and taking responsibility, creating greater self-awareness, and working towards change in their lives.
Do I really need therapy? I can usually handle my own problems.
Everyone goes through life challenges and changes. Some things we can manage on our own, and feel that we don't need therapy. Others need more support in aiding them through some crises that they have difficulty managing themselves. Therapy can provide long-lasting benefits and teach how to navigate through times when life becomes too difficult, & we need extra support.
How can therapy help me?
Therapy can teach you new tools and coping mechanisms while navigating through situations that may be difficult to go through alone.
Some of the benefits of therapy:
- Attaining a better understanding of yourself, your goals and values.
- Developing skills for improving your relationships
- Learning new ways to cope with stress and anxiety
- Managing anger, grief, depression, and other emotions.
- Improving communication and listening skills
- Changing old behavior patterns
- Discovering new ways to solve problems
- Improving your self-esteem and confidence